I've made the fixes people have reported bugs for on custom layout this morning. Feel free to keep reporting things that don't work:
- The “switch to edit mode” link should now appear properly when in view mode.
- Blank petition comments should now be cleared properly.
- Trackers should work in custom layout mode now. I haven't tested this *AT ALL* thought, so please let me know if it works.
In the picture on the right, you see Putin shaking hands to close a deal to supply India with a big aircraft carrier, along with some pretty nuclear tipped warheads. I shouldn't laugh, I know, but it's a funny photo. Putin looks like he has a giant nose (it's actually the stripes on the shirt behind him), hit partner-in-crime appears to have a giant stain on his shirt, and that grinning evil overlord is just way too funny looking.
A couple of quick links that are worth checking:
- US citizens can be assassinated legally by the CIA. After September 11th, Bush secretly signed legislation allowing Americans designated “enemy combatants” to be executed. Now, when you think of it as soldiers fighting against the US army overseas, that makes sense. But remember that the term “enemy combatant” has been expanded to mean people peripherally connected — including computer hackers and even some of the more radical domestic protest groups.
- Anti-Saddam al-Qaeda militants kill 30 Kurds. Now, the Kurds are no fans of Saddam's either, but this could get really weird. Even though Bush has claimed that bin Laden and Hussein are buddies, “Uncle oSAMa” has continually called for regime change in Iraq. What a curious flip it will be when American troops find themselves fighting side by side with al-Qaeda militants.
- Buried Alive! (Link 2). For some reason this story has surfaced again (it's ten years old), so I thought I'd mention it here. One of the things that people always say about modern war is how remarkably few casualties there are. Well, it's easy to say that when you use tanks and earth moving equipment to bury defenseless soldiers alive, you've not only hidden the casualties, but you've violated the Geneva Convention. Ever wonder why the US is petrified of international war crimes courts?